GO TO-----> Pre-Revolution
Wednesday, December 2nd, 2015
1. What region started the dispute between the French and British?
2. Why did the Native Americans prefer the French over the British?
3. Who won the French and Indian War?
Tuesday, December 1st, 2015
1. Who fought in the French and Indian War?
2. What land/area started the dispute?
Monday, November 30th, 2015
Please download and read...anotate...and answer all questions
Finish the classwork for homework.
Monday, November 23rd, 2015
Do page 18 from Packet.
1. What is a tariff?
2. How did the Enlightenment influence the 13 Colonies?
Finish Page from class.
Friday, November 20th, 2015
Turn in your Brainpop from Yesterday.
1. What was the Middle Passage?
2. What was life like for a captured slave crossing the Middle Passage?
3. What economic system did England practice with the colonies?
4. What are tariffs?
5. What were the Navigation Acts?
6. What were Indentured Servants? Gentry?
Thursday, November 19th, 2015
CLASSWORK: Watch the Brainpop Movie and do the documents below. Turn in on MBC when you are done. Finish f or homework.
Wednesday, November 18th, 2015
-Work on page 15 of packet.
-Continue with 13 English Colonies Packet.
-Read and Answer questions on page 13.
Tuesday, November 17th, 2015
-Pair up and work on chart...page 9 of packet.
-Working on Packet.
Monday, November 16th, 2015
DO NOW: Please work on the Classwork from Friday---Finish Questions.
Friday, November 13th, 2015
DO NOW: Have your homework out.
Finish classwork----If you do....NONE!
Thursday, November 12th, 2015
Have your homework open. Answer the following.
1. What is the English Parliament?
2. Who settled New York?
Read and answer...
DO page 5 of English Colonies Packet. To Be turned in tomorrow on MBC.
Tuesday, November 10th, 2015
Make sure you have taken the quiz from yesterday!
GO to Achieve 3000.
Monday, November 9th, 2015
Have JUST your charts open. GO TO MBC. Answer the questions based on the work you did on your charts.
Read and annotate/summarize:
Finish William Penn Reading.
Friday, November 6th, 2015
Please take out your charts on New England and Middle Colonies. Check them against your group findings.
Thursday, November 5th, 2015
Please take out your New England Region Charts and readings.
Answer the following:
1. Give the three regions of the 13 English Colonies.
2. Define the Theme of Geography--Region.
AIM: Understand the characteristics of the New England and Middle Colonies Regions.
-Find your group from yesterday.
-Download---> <---this has highlighted information for each part of your chart.
-Download the reading and chart for the Middle Colonies.
-Fill in the chart with your group members using the reading on the Middle Colonies.
Work on your charts.
Wednesday, November4th, 2015
-Have your maps out. Put your name on it!!
-Hand in your 24 question on the "English Launch Colonies" reading
1. Review Question: What is a Region? (Think Themes of Geography)
2. What were the 3 regions of the 13 English Colonies?
3. Give the 2 major ways that colonists established self-government.
-Download the following readings.....
- You will Highlight in three colors---One for Environment/Climate, another for Economy, and a third for politics, religion, and culture.
-Fill in Chart using your highlights.
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 3rd, 2015----- NO SCHOOL. ELECTION DAY
Monday, November 2nd, 2015
1. What was the first successful colony by the English in North America?
2. What was the Mayflower Compact?
3. Why would the Pilgrims (Separatists) want to leave England for the New World?
4. What is an Indentured Servant?
5. What was the first form of self-government in the colonies?
MAP of 13 Colonies.
1. Color all land not in the 13 Colonies one neutral color.
2. Water, Lakes, Rivers should all be blue.
3. Colonies should be different colors. Rotate colors.
4. On the back of your map.....make a key.... two lists, one for water, rivers, lakes and one for colonies.
5. LOOK UP COLONIAL REGIONS....Look at key box on front for your regions.
Work on questions from English Launch Colonies.
Friday, October 30th, 2015
DO NOW and CLASSWORK:
Please read the following document. ---> <----
BE SURE TO READ THE INTRO CAREFULLY. UNDERLINE, NOTE, ETC.
You Will do the "Homework Questions" and "Understanding the Story" Part A and B. Work hard and you will have no homework!!
Turn in on MBC.
Thursday, October 29th, 2015
1. What is an Indentured Servant?
2. In one sentence, sum up life in Jamestown/Virginia.
3. What was the "Lost Colony"?
You should be working on questions--->. Be through question 17 by tomorrow.
Wednesday, October 28th, 2015
Please download, open, and read. You will have 20 mins to annotate/summarize this whole reading. You will turn your Summary in on MBC.
Share your Summary time on MBC
Continue reading/working on questions--->
. You should be working through questions 10-24
NONE. Lets go METS!
Tuesday, October 27th, 2015
1. What was the Starving Time?
2. Explain why someone would agree to be an Indentured Servant.
3. What was the first form of self-government in the English colonies?
4. What saved Jamestown from failing?
Have out the "English Launch Colonies" reading and questions.
None. LETS GO METS!!!!
Monday, October 26th, 2015
QUIZ next week. Date TBD.
Have your reading and questions out from Friday.
1. What is a colony?
2. What was the first successful colony made by the English in North America?
3. What was the name of the colony that failed?
4. Why was the first successful colony a struggle in survival?
Friday, October 23rd, 2015
Answer the following:
1. What is Self-Government?
2. What is an indentured servant?
3. What happened to the colony of Roanoke?
4. What is a colony?
Continue to read and work on...
Thursday, OCTOBER 22nd, 2015
NEW UNIT!!! Colonization
Please see me if you have NOT taken the test for Exploration!!!
1. What is a colony?
2. Why would a country want colonies? What is the benefit of having them?
3. Name a few colonies you know of from the past?
4. Would you live in a colony?