-----October 1st, 2014----------
Study the following question to help you with your quiz.
-The land bridge that once connected Siberia and Alaska is now a waterway named?
-Some 8,000 years ago, gatherers in Mexico began settling in small groups because they now practiced….
- According to the land bridge theory, people may have crossed into North America from Siberia because….
- The discovery of __________ meant families did not have to search for food
- How did the development of farming lead to the development of cities among the
earliest people in the Americas?
-Who created the most accurate calendar known until modern times?
-Who built the city of Tenochtitlán on a series of islands?
-Who had the world's largest empire in the 1400s?
- The Mound Builders who built the first cities in North America were the…..
- What was the main way in which Native Americans in North America passed on knowledge?
-What group of Mound Builders constructed cities in North America?
- Each of the five nations of the Iroquois was made up of clans in which women….
STUDY, STUDY, STUDY
-----September 30th, 2014-------
TEST ON THURSDAY!!!
open your Iroquois reading. Review your underlining, diagrams, and words quietly.
Finsh reading questions.
-----September 29th, 2014-------
TEST ON THURSDAY!!!
-Look at the above picture of three different Native American Dwellings. Answer the following:
-Which of these could be used by a nomadic people?
-Describe each dwelling (house).
-Explain what the Environment for each of these people may have been like..... (hint: look at building materials)
-go onto classwork.
Be sure to have downloaded --->
Start reading on page 4. Underline and box in at least 3 words then do questions on Page 5.
Read Chapter 4: of Iroquois Reading I. [pages 9, 10 (read top; skip questions on bottom), 11, and 12 of pdf.] Underline and give at least 3 words.
-----September 24th, 2014 DO NOW: -Hand in your homework on MBC
1. How do scholars divide up Native American Cultures? Why? 2. Give the three early American Civilizations in North America. 3. Start reading about the Iroquois
CLASSWORK: Open and read (underline, get words).
HOMEWORK: NONE. ENJOY
----September 23rd, 2014------
PLEASE TURN IN YOUR INCA BRAINPOP ON MBC
HAVE YOUR SHEETS OPEN TO GO OVER.
DOWNLOAD AND READ FIRST TWO PAGES. UNDERLINE AND ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS.
Using the document above, in groups answer all in the chart on the third page.
Finish chart from class.
----September 22nd, 2014------
1. review/finish questions from Aztec/Mayan Movie. Please turn in on MBC when your done
2. Look at the following picture and answer the following:
-How did environment affect the culture of the builders of this city?
-What do you think the step-like walls and soil used for? Why would they have done this?
Look at other pictures and read about this location here-----> Machu Pichu
Finish Inca I pdf sheets.
---September 19th, 2014------
DO NOW: 1. Turn in your a. Native Americans Textbook Sect1 and b. The Great Civilizations on MyBigCampus 2. What were the three ancient "advanced" civilizations of the Americas before European Exploration? 3. Where was each civilization located?
Answer these questions from the movie on a word document (save as Early Civilization Movie Questions):
1. What advancements in farming helped the Aztecs grow as an empire?
2. How was the calendar used by the Mayans? How was it developed?
3. How did Religion and the Calendar influence their cultures?
HOMEWORK:NONE. Enjoy the weekend.
----September 18th, 2014------
1.Please hand in your Landbridge Paragraph on MyBigCampus
2. Share your paragraph with a neighbor.
Please read, underline, and answer the two questions at the bottom.
period 5: Finish Chart from class
September 17th, 2014
DO NOW: Please have your homework out.
1. What is Culture?
2. What change/progress helped peoples change from nomads to settled communities?
3. What is a land bridge?
Period 4,5,6,9: In a paragraph or two explain how the Land Bridge formed and why people would cross it (Land Bridge Theory of Migration).
Period 1: Finish Chart.
==================================================September 16th, 2014
DO NOW: Answer the following.....
1. What is Culture?
2. How did cultures form in the past?
3. Why do people move and live in different places?
4. What could cause you to move away from Putnam Valley to a new location?
1. Online textbook.... got to---->
b. bookmark this site as S.S. Textbook.
2. Download and read first two pages.
Finish chart from classwork.